[lug] Evolution filters - followup

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 20 09:39:58 MST 2010

I fixed my filters.  They work fine if run manually.  But they weren't
being run automatically.  I configured the account to automatically
apply filters to the inbox but it still didn't work.

A little googling showed someone disabling mail notification plugin to
fix that on their system.  Mine was already disabled.  But I also saw
that Evolution might not apply filters if the mail was marked read.  So
I disabled the Mark Read plugin.  Now it appears (so far) that the
filters are getting applied automatically.  I'll have to wait for more
incoming mail to verify that.  But the messages that were there (and
should be filtered) disappeared after making this change and restarting
Evolution.

Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else ran into that
issue.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>