[lug] OT: Runaway Prius

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 07:20:52 MST 2010

Here's<http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/12/toyota-autos-hoax-media-opinions-contributors-michael-fumento_3.html>a
Forbes analysis of the incident.  There are lots of useful links,
including one to a Car & Driver article about braking that I liked.

Doesn't seem very Linux relevant, but it certainly sparked a lot of pre-talk
BLUG discussion.  Makes me wonder whether there might be a high overlap
between car geeks and computer geeks.

http://jalopnik.com/5488716/runaway-toyota-prius-stopped-by-california-patrol-car

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2010/03/2004-toyota-prius-three-ways-to-deal-with-a-stuck-throttle.html

> Still happy with my HONDA fit and it's drive-by-wire throttle. :-)
>
> --
> Maxwell Spangler

Click to Call Me Now! --
http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com/2009/09/call-me-now.html