[lug] Recommendations For Older Hardware?

durist at frii.com durist at frii.com
Fri Jul 16 09:05:07 MDT 2010

For simplicity and useability on the desktop I've had good luck with Linux
Mint, which is an ubuntu derivative. It's well integrated and roughly
tracks Ubuntu releases. One thing that's nice is there are a couple of
lightweight community editions that use LXDE (nice on old/slow hardware)
and fluxbox (for the geeky, like me). I've gotten too lazy to set up linux
from scratch anymore, and there's really no need.