[lug] No flash on the Daily Show

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 22:48:32 MDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Michael J. Hammel
<mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 17:49 -0600, Michael Hirsch wrote:
>> I just upgraded my wife's and my Kids' computers to Lucid.  Now they
>> hate me because thedailyshow.com won't display.  It asks me to install
>> flash.  Of course, flash is installed, and it is version 10.1 r53,
>> which should suffice, I think.
>
> I don't use Ubuntu but we watch the DailyShow online on the big TV.  So
> I know it works with Adobe's flash.  I had to install 32bit flash on the
> 64bit Fedora box but it turns out 32bit flash works better than the
> 64bit version was working.
>
>> Anyone else have this trouble?  Any solutions?
>
> Double check the plugin is being found.  In Firefox, type
> "about:plugins" in the URL dialog and check what Firefox thinks you have
> installed.  Chances are it's a path resolution issue.

Yes, it is found.  And I've used two different packages to install it.
 Flash plays in, say, youtube and guitartricks, so it is usually okay.

Another possible issue is that I'm using kubuntu with the new 5.5 KDE
release.  I don't see how that could affect Firefox and flash, but
thought I'm mention it.

Thanks,

Michael