[lug] No flash on the Daily Show

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:24:46 MDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:24 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Michael Hirsch wrote:
>>> Double check the plugin is being found.  In Firefox, type
>>> "about:plugins" in the URL dialog and check what Firefox thinks you have
>>> installed.  Chances are it's a path resolution issue.
>>
>> Yes, it is found.  And I've used two different packages to install it.
>>   Flash plays in, say, youtube and guitartricks, so it is usually okay.
>
> FWIW I have the same problem.  But this is Debian unstable, AMD64 (with some ugly hack to get flash
> to work at all).
>
> It isn't flash, because the flash ads play (and other sites), it just the show videos that don't play.

Interesting. When I was still running sidux 64 (also AMD and debian
unstable) I had no problems whatsoever with flash. OTOH, I've read
that flash 64 has been know to present problems. I'm on 32-bit
PCLinuxOS now, and the Daily Show is no problem other than lack of
interest on my part.

--
Collins Richey