[lug] html / flv headache

Steve A Hart shart at colorado.edu
Sat Oct 30 16:10:16 MDT 2010

I'm hoping someone out there does web design and can give me some
guidance.  Not exactly a linux thing but I'm about to go postal on this
and need some direction.

I'm working on a page hosted on godaddy.com and I have a handful of FLV
video files I want to embed in the page.  I don't use dreamweaver, I
code direct html.

Here's what I have and it works on my Linux Firefox:

<object width="520" height="292" autoplay="false" autoStart="0">
<param name="movie" value="media/FILE.flv">
<embed src="media/FILE.flv" width="520" height="292" autoplay="false"
autoStart="0" showcontrols="1">
</embed>
</object>

On Windows (firefox or IE), and I'm guessing Safari, it's a no go.

I'm guessing I have to embed the player as well but I have no clue how
to do that.  Anyone skilled with this that can give me advice?

I'm pulling hair out at this point.

Thanks

Steve

--