[lug] OT: Cheap Laptop

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:26:42 MST 2011

> Interesting!  It says it comes with win7 ... do you
> know how well it handles linux ... especially wifi?

I don't. I assume linux nowadays works pretty good on most hardware (I
only use linux on all my machines since 1999 and I haven't had any
driver problem for 4 years - but I'm not buying like crazy, so my
statistics are moot). In the worst case you can often "wrap" a windows driver.

But if you want to be 100% sure, you can check from the specs of the
machine and see if that hw is supported here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog or here:
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw

Good luck,
Dav

PS: Answering myself to this question:

> do you by any chance run Linux?

Of course you do, this is BLUG. I mistakenly though until a second ago
I was reading another mailing list, sorry :-)