[lug] remote management hardware?

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 19:09:27 MDT 2011

I have a related question.  I understand what IPMI is and why it's useful. But I never understood how it implements login security.  Does it allow you to configure ssh with key'd auth?  If not it would seem easy to ping on the known port and gain access via dictionary.  If it's not using ssh, what secure auth method is b/c the way i understand you use some client sw to talk to the remote board?

thanks