[lug] vbox premade image recommendations

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Sun Apr 10 08:52:45 MDT 2011

On 04/09/2011 11:52 PM, karl horlen wrote:

> I can't believe i didn't realize virtualbox itself is actually oracle based! I feel stupid now.

Well, VBox is SUN based, but Oracle owns it now. :)

> Followup.  I'm not used to working with sun/oracle software.

Oddly enough, VirtualBox works pretty much like any other Linux GUI
software. Try it.

> If anybody else knows about non oracle based reliable premade vms, bring em on.

In less time then this thread has been alive, you could have created
several Linux VMs in various flavors. It's really not hard, all you need
is a Linux distro iso image.

Lori