[lug] vpn and traceroute

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 12:59:05 MDT 2011

sorry i got a followup question.  it seems there's a race condition of some kind.

if i delete the default route which is normally going out my local interface vs vpn interface, before i can replace the default route with a new route to set the default route to go through the vpn (did you catch that ;), the vpn connection is killed as it probably tries to keep alive through the local network adapater. as a matter of fact, the more i think about this, doesn't the vpn need the default route set to the local adapter so it can perform it's tunneling correctly?

am i'm missing something.

what i want to do is route all http traffic over the vpn and not over my local network.  however when i delete default route, the vpn goes down.

 the vpn needs to communicate which it