[lug] iPod/mp3 players.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 29 23:00:32 MST 2011

Can anyone recommend something similar to an iPod that is more Linux friendly or less proprietary?
I guess I mean something that includes a full size screen (like the iPod Touch) with a camera.  I
don't know whether I care about movie playback and such.

Besides the premium you pay to have an *Apple* product I saw an older iPod recently that wouldn't
give up its pictures without heroic measures.  Uggh.  So I'd like something high quality, durable,
that can be managed without iTunes-like service and with standard Linux tools.

Bonus if it can play Ogg. :-)

Thanks!
Dave