[lug] 32bit and 64bit

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:04:12 MST 2012

There is no problem to have a mixed 32-64bit environment. There might be
management headaches because you have to properly track each library (32 or
64) required by each application (32 or 64) since you cannot mix-and-match
32bit applications with 64bit libraries or vice-versa. The distribution
might do the management for you (haven't used RHEL or CentOS, so I can't
say), in which case it will be super-straightforward - I did it years ago
on a Mandrake or Mandrivia, IIRC, and it was a piece of cake.