[lug] MySQL vs PostgreSQL

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Fri Aug 3 19:15:17 MDT 2012

We use PG for everything except interfaces we don't control.  We
recently switched one of our largest and most complex sites from
Oracle to PG, and we've been very pleased.  Oracle was a bit faster,
but PG works great, and is much easier to manage.  We had a lot of
problems with bugs in Oracle (corrupt data and indexes).   We've never
seen problems with PG, and we've been using it since 2001, except for
performance issues, but with a little sweat, you can fix them.

Rob