[lug] USB Kernel Driver Q

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Thu Aug 8 22:04:28 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who might be able to answer a question or two off-list about just what might be feasible within linux kernel development for some non-standard USB development.

Basically, I'm thinking about doing this with something like Raspberry Pi or PandaBoard embedded single board computers (so this is likely within the arena of ARM processors and embedded single board computing). I'm not sure what parts of the USB hardware on these boards is actually controllable within software, and how much might require cutting traces or modifying hardware.

If anyone here with some USB knowledge would be willing to answer a question, just let me know...I really don't want to buy the hardware for this if the project isn't even feasible.

Thanks,

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net