[lug] Mailing lists/forums for embedded?

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Sun Aug 18 16:19:34 MDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM, <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:

> The programming also has to change often...so I'm wondering if the FPGA is
> too specialized?

In that case, probably.

FPGA's are like flash memory. They can only be reprogrammed a certain
number of times. It's in the thousands, and the programmer software can
often work around bad sections. But if you need to change the program very
often it isn't a good idea.

And if you haven't worked with hardware before and you're on a time
schedule to get this done I wouldn't go off and learn it.

You probably just want a hard-wired DSP.