[lug] Quick hard drive compatibility question

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:54:12 MST 2014

I just found out the hard way: by missing important messages. Most of
the emails sent from @yahoo accounts (not in your address book) are
placed into spam by the gmail servers, unless you explicitly set a
filter on their webmail. Gmail spam filter is also very aggressive in
general. In fact I daily check my spam folder and I weekly find at
least one message which shouldn't have ended there.

I've just learned after my message to the list that it's not the same
for all the gmail users (one responded privately that they received
Tom's message, despite not having him in the address book), but it's
definitely so for many. With cloud computing and closed source, we
will never know why, sigh.