[lug] Firewall recommendation?

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:53:03 MST 2014

Just curious if anyone has suggestions for a reasonable hardware
firewall for my network and server at home?
The consumer routers (I have a Netgear WNDR3700) just don't do anything
much beyond port forwarding/filtering and I need/want to do a better job.
I would like to use a droplist like spamhaus, etc and more.
I know I could use iptables on the server but that doesn't protect the
rest of my home net and I am already doing some of that. I don't really
have the time/energy to build a decent router/firewall right now.

I am always looking for best practices and rules examples...
Suggestions?

--bill