[lug] Testers for Raspberry Pi distro: PiBox

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jan 19 16:01:08 MST 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 15:51 -0700, Brennen Bearnes wrote:
> I'll put this on my stack of things-to-check out as well.  I've been
> doing a little work on configuring Raspbian installs for novice users,
> and could certainly stand to look at other approaches.

It's easy to install using the two install scripts (mksd and mkinstall)
but I'm sure the documentation (on the wiki) needs improvement.  I know
there is nothing that tells you to manually copy the opkg's to the /root
directory on the rootfs after install so that they can manually be
installed after firstboot.

The original intent was to create an easy to use metabuild that could
replace openembedded since I'm not a Python guy and got frustrated
rummaging the build recipes (and I wanted to know how to build
everything from the toolchain on up).  But then it turned into a custom
distro, then a media project, then ....

Let me know you if you try it and what information is missing (and
how/where you'd like to see that info).

Thanks!

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>