[lug] expect script

Stephen Queen svqueen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:52:40 MST 2015

Earlier this week, I found myself writing an expect script, for the first
time in several years. I've only had to use expect one other time, so have
never become very proficient at it.

I downloaded the .pdf book from O'reilly called Exploring Expect. I've read
just a short part of chapter 1. I can see where it maybe useful to learn
this language. On the other hand, I've only needed it once before. Once
I've learned it, I may find a lot of uses. My question is, does anyone
actually find this useful anymore? In other words, will I be wasting time
going through this entire book?

Thanks for any comments,
Steve