[lug] MATE

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:02:54 MST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Davide Del Vento <
davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Incidentally, I did look at MATE as a substitute, and saw mention of
> gtk2+
> > versus gtk3+ compatibility. Looks like Cinnamon is the gtk3+ variant of
> > MATE...or at least a similar idea. Have you tried both MATE and
> Cinnamon? If
> > so, what was the reason to pick MATE over Cinnamon?
>
> I did not try Cinnamon. Why?

I used Cinnamon almost exclusively for several years until a couple months
ago. It's nice. I recommend trying it if you generally like stuff in the
gnome/MATE style. I only stopped using it because I'm a big gnome fan and
they finally ironed some quirks that were bugging me that had previously
pushed me away.