[lug] Adding kernel driver to a raspberry pi.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jan 11 14:03:37 MST 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 12:52 -0700, Jonathan Eidsness wrote:
> One thing I've noticed is that the .ko objects are installed into
>  /lib/modules/4.1.13+-v7/extra which differs from what "uname -r"
> returns (4.1.13-v7+). Moving the objects over to the directory
> matching the running kernel doesn't fix the problem.

Try running "depmod" before trying to modprobe the driver.  If this
works then the problem was the driver wasn't known to the modprobe
configuration.  depmod is often run if you install a driver to extras.

Also, try using insmod using the fully qualified path to the driver.
 If this doesn't work then your driver is not compiled correctly.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>