[lug] Disable Autoconf Version Check?

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:46:22 MDT 2016

DS,

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM, <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:

> After getting that fixed, I discovered there is a "sed" line designed to
> filter and find the version for "make", and for a reason I still do not
> know, the decimal is being truncated if it is ".0". My version of make is
> "4.0", the scripts were comparing to "4.", and since it is a text
> comparison and not numeric, this caused failure. I hacked away at some of
> the files (I'm sure it was a bad way of doing it) and got past the "4."
> truncation and the autoconf version issue.

If it ends up being important to find the root cause of the "sed" problem,
see if changing shells makes the problem disappear. I've had sed lines in
shell scripts which ran fine under bash, crash & burn under dash.

(If you're doing any of this on embedded boxes, the sed is also different
-- it's just a link to busybox.)

Having hacked past the problem, you may not care, but it's worth noting for
the next time.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],