[lug] Permanent OpenVPN routing?

ghe ghe at slsware.net
Wed Sep 13 11:16:45 MDT 2017

On 09/13/2017 08:52 AM, Bear Giles wrote:

> Has anyone set up permanent OpenVPN routing on a server?

I did, a long time ago, on Debian Linux. I set up a VPN between myself
and a domain I admined. It did backups and my rootly duties over it.

IIRC, there was a secondary IP on the server, and maybe an extra route
so that when I wanted to send to the IP in Texas, I got routed to the
secondary IP on the server running openVPN. Something like that.

It worked flawlessly for several years. Good piece of software.

--
Glenn English