[lug] New to BLUG router question

David Leonard david at appliedtrust.com
Thu Nov 2 20:45:56 MDT 2017

Welcome to Boulder! I know you will have a great time at the Meetup! Im in
Dallas now but I loved going when I was there.

As for your question, Channel 14 is not licensed by the FCC for use in the
US. You can actually only use 14 in Japan. Also your microwave will badly
interfere with 14. Even though that Netgear is definitely a leg up over the
draft-N airlink, you're not going to see terribly better performance unless
you jump to AC. I would recommend whatever the current version of the
TPLink Archer C7 is. I used that when I was just getting started with my
Nextlight Fiber.

Congestion is going to be a problem anywhere now. I just recommend going
with the least congested and using the 5ghz band, which won't travel as far
but has a ton less congestion.