[lug] help: creating partitions

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Dec 8 14:42:49 MST 2017

On 12/06/2017 06:34 PM, Robert Racansky wrote:
> The first time I did this exercise, there was no issue.
>
> But the second time I did it, it required a reboot after “write table
> to disk”, after which I continued and finished with no problem.

If any partition on the disk is in use you cannot use a new partition
table without a reboot.

Boot from a virtual CD ISO or start using LVM with existing LVM
partitions. LVM creates volumes inside the partitions assigned to it, so
it doesn't have to move partitions around.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil