[lug] replacing dupes with links

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Mar 12 19:22:31 MDT 2018

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 02:16:19 +0100 (CET)
mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com wrote:

> yes, i've used fslint, good for finding duplicates spread on multiple
> drives, but for this case it would require massive user attention.

I can see using the SAVE button, and then feeding that file through a
script. You mentioned needing to do scripting anyway with fdupes. I wonder
if it'd be easy to modify fdupes to do symlinks instead of hardlinks.

My only concern with fslint-gui is that I've had it hang, though not very
often.