[lug] Job: Research Software Engineer

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Wed May 30 09:53:06 MDT 2018

*Research Software Engineer*
RadiaSoft LLC - Boulder, CO 80301

RadiaSoft is an open-source software company dedicated to improving
scientific workflows through our state-of-the-art Science-as-a-Service
platform, Sirepo. We are seeking a Research Software Engineer for our
Boulder, Colorado office. Our small software team develops innovative
solutions using modern technologies for legacy physics codes. Programmers
also assist our physicists to optimize codes for HPC, to improve
computational science workflows, to support reproducible research, and to
present our innovative results to the scientific community at conferences
and in publications.

*Desired skills and experience*

The successful applicant will have a BS or higher in computer science or
physics or a closely related field, strong programming skills, and
significant experience with Javascript and/or Python. Other desirable
skills and experience include: parallel computing, CAD, and devops.

*About the employer*

RadiaSoft conducts contract R&D for academic, corporate and federal
customers, specializing in the use and development of parallel scientific
software. We have particular expertise in modeling relativistic charged
particle beams, intense radiation pulses, and the interaction of both with
plasmas and dielectric structures. We are developing open source
browser-based interfaces for cloud-based scientific computing.

RadiaSoft offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive
salaries and an excellent benefit package, including health insurance and a
401k with employer matching. Applicants must be authorized to work for any
employer in the United States. RadiaSoft is an equal opportunity employer.

Please apply at Indeed.com <http://rsl.link/job/rse>