[lug] sudo better than su (was: Using consoles)

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:46:05 MDT 1999

first of all...don't telnet, use ssh.  Secondly, you should never ever ever
send your root password across the wire.  If you want to login as root, use
"sudo su -".  That will create a sudo "wrapper" around the "su -" command.
That way you'll be logged in as root, but still have all of the benefits of
sudo (i.e. logging!!).  Also, you won't have to send your root password
across the wire.

PC Drew