[lug] sudo better than su (was: Using consoles)

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:15:25 MDT 1999

At 10:35 AM 9/29/1999 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm a newbie so maybe I missed something, but why do you say this? In my
>newbie-ness I seem to spend a lot of time logged in as root, mostly
>cleaning up stuff that I hosed up doing something else,

	You sound a lot like me, although usually when I screw things up, it's AS
root, and I end up re-installing... <grin>

John
Nine megs for the secretaries fair, Seven megs for the hackers scarce
Five megs for the grads in smoky lairs, Three megs for system source;
         One disk to rule them all, One disk to bind them,
    One disk to hold the files, and in the darkness grind 'em.