[lug] old notebook

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Tue Oct 5 14:26:11 MDT 1999

naa, I took the easy way out. I called Epson, and got the universal
password.
:o)
for free.
only to discover, the harddrive is fried.
oh well.
Its amazing, that passwords that are supposed to 'protect', actually have a
backdoor, and/or a way around them. Nice, in times like this, but actually
scary. Some security, took one phone call.
In fact, most bios passwords have a 'universal' password. Not as secure as
you think.