[lug] patching Redhat

Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh cool at eklektix.com
Wed Oct 6 11:37:57 MDT 1999

The redhat-watch list will send out only security-related notices.

Personally, I've been using autorpm to watch their site, automatically
download new updates and notify me.  Of course, that means that I then
have to check the errata to see if the updates are security-related or
not and decide whether or not I want to apply them :-).  I like it,
though, because then the updates are all downloaded at night when I'm
not using the line and ready to hand when I want to apply them.

My understanding is that similar capabilities will now be built into
6.1, though I haven't upgraded yet, so I have no personal experience
with it.

Liz