[lug] Presentation: Visualizing Our Planet - Digital Animations on the Big Screen

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Oct 12 11:50:55 MDT 1999

Title:  Visualizing Our Planet - Digital Animations on the Big Screen

Date:  Tuesday, October 12, 1999

Time:  5:30 - 6:30 p.m.

Speakers:  Fritz Hasler,  Earth Science Visualization and Analysis
                          Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

           Don Middleton, Visualization Laboratory, National Center for
                          Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

Sponsors:  - Walter Orr Roberts Institute of the University Corporation
             for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)

           - National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

           - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

           - National Institute of Standards and Technology

           - National Science Foundation

           - SGI Inc.

Location:  National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
           Auditorium
           325 Broadway
           Boulder, CO 80303

Information:

   Call:    303-497-2108
   e-mail:  susanf at ucar.edu

   web:  http://www.scd.ucar.edu/vg/Events/1999/UCARBoard1999/index.html

Abstract:

This wide-screen theater program presents some of the latest technology
scientists are using to better understand our planet.  Visualizations are
high-resolution, color animations of scientific data - from views of
storms from space to simulations of otherwise invisible phenomena such as
ocean circulation and solar turbulence.  The event is free to the public.