[lug] Installfest/ MiniExpo Update

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Fri Oct 15 12:40:35 MDT 1999

Before I run off to Baltimore for a week of work, I thought I'd post an
update.

Chuck Johnson from the Buffalo Chip, CU Student Computer Store has been
extremely supportive of our idea to have a Mini-Expo and Installfest on
Campus.

To that end we have gotten rooms scheduled for Saturday, November
20th,1999 in the University Memorial Center. 158A-B, 159A-B.

He is having the ethernet ports activated as well.

We were looking at 8:30 or 9:00 to 6pm for the event.

Chuck expressed a particular interest in having a demo of Star Office, and
I think essentially, we should try to present things that would be of
interest to the academic community in particular.

Some ideas:

Gimp mini tutorial

Linux Databases

Programming Environments available for free with Linux..

The ideas can be as endless and creative as our group is.  I would like to
call a real meeting for volunteers at some point in the first week of
November.

Thoughts?  Questions? Comments?

-Glenn Ashton