[lug] CU Miniexpo/ Installfest Update

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Tue Nov 2 17:37:07 MST 1999

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, winrip wrote:

>   I'd have to agree since I plan on attending (at least we have a date now),
> to help out. It's kind of hard driving from County Line and Quebec just to
> attend meetings ever time they are needed, since it doesn't sound like it's
> going to be just one.

I actually think one meeting will do it followed by email for follow up.

> I also have a question... is there anything set in stone as to what's actually
> happening at this event.

What is set in stone is that we accomplish three things:

Help people install Linux who show up.

Help people with Linux questions.

Show the things about Linux that we care about.

These are the "goals" and the agenda that I came up with.  It's wide open
in the sense that I would love it if you brought your machine and showed
off what is special to you about Linux and just communicated that with the
people who decide to spend some of their Saturday with us.

Part of what drove this theme is meeting the needs of folks on campus, and
also doing something community oriented with Blug.

Perhaps I have made some poor assumptions, but I thought being
non-directive with what got shown would encourage participation from
members as opposed to just having a vendor show.

-Glenn Ashton