[lug] Selecting MODEM for Linux

Lamar Zabielski zeb at utalk.org
Wed Nov 3 16:41:26 MST 1999

I'm using a Jayton Communicator II 56K. Got it from Cadco in downtown
Louisville $50. I presume you know that WinModems don't work with Linux.
(WinModems will say that MS Windows is required) Also check to see what slots
you have available, I only had an ISA slot left and that made it harder to find
one. Also any external modem will work, to my knowledge an ext. winmodem isn't
made.