[lug] lpd problems

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Mon Nov 8 06:52:50 MST 1999

I'm trying to provide printing services for a number of HP JetDirect printers
with lpd.  My problem is that if I have more than, say, 5 printers listed in
/etc/printcap, lpd stops sending print jobs to any of the printers, returning
the message "connection refused".

I can ping these printers - I can even telnet to them - so I know there isn't a
routing problem.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's happening here?

FWIW, I'm running RH 6.1, with lpr-0.41-2 (I tried lpr-0.46-1 with the same
results), using a Netgear FA310-TX card.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Calvin

--
"Hey feller!
I bet you're still living in your parents' cellar

- "It's All About The Pentiums"