[lug] HeathKit--linux

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Wed Nov 10 00:36:17 MST 1999

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 08:48:45AM -0700, Rob Mohr wrote:
> May I use one or two resources to build a linux box from parts?  That is
> does an O'Reiley style book exist?  Or may I go to a web resource that has
> a step by step cookbook style instructions?

I know of no such resource directly.  However, I myself have done it, as have
others.  Glenn, maybe this is something we should consider demo'ing at the
installfest?

Building a box from parts, what parts to buy, etc, can be some very important
things to know for newbies.

If this is something we shouldn't do at the installfest, then contact me via
email, Rob, and I can teach you if you like.  It's really not that difficult,
despite what people will tell you.  Especially if you could build those old
Heathkits.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen