[lug] What is the best browser for linux?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Nov 10 22:06:51 MST 1999

Thus spoke Jeffrey B. Siegal
> Generally agreed, but I've noticed that the fonts used by the X-based
> Red Hat 6.1 installer are actually quite nice.  If somehow we could
> figure out how to get it to look at nice the rest of the time...

Might be a true type font server.  True type fonts scale better than most
bitmap fonts (which are the generally what you get by default on Linux).  I
noticed RH 6.1 runs "xfs", a font server, by default.  I just wasn't aware
that it supported true type fonts.

Enlightenment loads some cool fonts.  They even look really good on my
laptop, even though most other fonts don't look so great.  But then,
Enlightenment makes use of an embedded font renderer (freetype and fnlib).
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  Can I trade this job for what's behind door #2?