[lug] DSL service

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Sat Nov 13 16:28:03 MST 1999

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 04:56:48PM -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Hmm?  When we had US West (the first month), it was $15/month for each
> /29 block of IPs (5 usable), and I seem to recall that you also had to
> have the "business plan" or whatever which included extra mailboxes
> and stuff.  That cost an extra $25/month, for a total of $40 per
> month for a static IP.

Well, here's how the breakdown worked (IMO):
$30 = ADSL line
$20? = US West ISP
$25= Business Package
$15 = IP addresses

So, total cost was about $100 (and, they told me I had to have all that in
order to get static IP's).

Front Range:
$30 = ADSL line
$25 = FRII ISP
$5 = IP addresses

Savings of $30/month.  FRII was a better choice.  But, you also have to be
explicit about what you want from them in order to make it work.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen