[lug] tar command with ZIP 250MB

David Willcox acesouth at frii.com
Sat Nov 27 12:13:27 MST 1999

Does anyone happen to know if I can use the 'tar' command to backup date to
a ZIP 250MB drvie on a Linux box without having to use 'vfat' as my file type.
If so what sytax would you use and what file type would I use? My command
that I tried was 'mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /zip' and it does work. But I gues I don't
understand if my file are being backup up in a Dos format or what and if I ever
need them back I would be in trouble or can someone explain this to me.

I have only one hardrive dedicated totally to Linux ver.6.5

Appreciate any help with this and thanks ahead,

Dave Willcox :-)