[lug] How did the Install/Info Fest turn out?

Alan Robertson alanr at bell-labs.com
Tue Nov 30 22:00:59 MST 1999

Wayde Allen wrote:

> I found it interesting that after I got back from vacation no one seems to
> have said anything about the Nov. 20th Install/Info fest at CU.  Did
> anyone go?  If so, what did you think about it?

I suspect that this is a reflection of the fact that you do such a great job of
writing up reports like these, that I suspect no one even thought of writing one
up!

Myself, I thought it was great!

I had two friends from Lucent who went and REALLY appreciated the help they got
on setting up their Linux box (it wasn't from me :-)).  They thought they
learned more in two hours than they would have learned in a month on their own
[they had BIOS problems].

They had installed several Linux boxes in the past, but brought along a problem
child, which, as expected, they got great help with, and whipped into shape.

They were very impressed.

Me, I brought along a no-CDROM 486 which we got whipped into shape pretty easily
thanks to Kevin and Sean.

	Thanks to all!

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at bell-labs.com