[lug] Postgresql

Timothy W. Porter ka8cpo at glasscity.net
Tue Nov 30 23:54:04 MST 1999

Hello,
	Can someone help me?  I am relatively new to Linux.  I have a single
computer up and running.  I can print, mount various devices etc.  I have
tried unsuccessfully to make Postgresql work.  I have gotten a variety of
error messages.  Is the Postmaster running Unix Socket 5432.  Postgres does
not know where the data base is.  I have tried to create my on database
with much the same results.  Where is the database that it is looking for.
Perhaps I do not have enough base information to even have a handle on the
situation.  I found a set of instructions on how to install Postgresql.  I
tried to follow those instructions and was greated with is the postmaster
running Unix Socket 5432.  Where is this and how do I configure it.  I have
chased my tail aroung in circles looking for a way to correc the error
messaes with no avail.  Is there any help for me or am I trying to bite off
more than I can chew with my limited knowledge?
	Thank you to any one who can steer me in to the proper direction.

Tim Porter.