[lug] IP Chains/Firewall Question

Ed Meyer EMeyer at equuscs.com
Wed Dec 1 16:30:31 MST 1999

I'm passing this along for a friend who has his firewall set up but doesn't have email working yet.

On the Linux firewall with IP Chains.  How do you open up a specific port to be rerouted to a server behind the firewall.  To be specific he wants to host a Half Life server behind the firewall.  I can't remember the port numbers so I'll use the ones from Quake 2.  When Q2 is looking for a server it queries 27910 (i.e  206.168.3.76:27910)  How do you open that port up to map to - say 192.168.0.10:27910.

Thanks in advance...
Ed Meyer