[lug] ODBC on Linux help

Peter Janett pjanett at newhope.com
Thu Dec 9 17:51:42 MST 1999

For stability issues, we are looking to move from an NT envirornment to
Linux or Solaris.  The fist step is moving our web page, which uses Cold
Fusion extensivly.  We have the Cold Fusion beta for Linux installed, but
want to connect to our existing MsSQL7 databases on the old NT box.

So, I need help getting ODBC setup on Linux.  I have started with iODBC, but
have had trouble, and haven't got to far.

So, any good resources, instructions, other ODBC connection ideas would be
most apprecietated.

P.S.  (I realize that having the database on NT still means compomised
stability, but we are taking it one step at a time.  We'll probably end up
with Oracle eventually.)

Thanks,

Peter Janett

New Media One Web Services
  ~Professional results with a personal touch~
      http://www.newmediaone.com
      webmaster at newmediaone.com
      (303)915-9015