[lug] How did the Install/Info Fest turn out?

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Wed Dec 15 09:47:47 MST 1999

Just for the record, Michael Pederson's comment about gaming was in
reference to the "Demo Theater".  He didn't show off games as part of his
demo, and I don't think he left that room all day.

Matt, you and Ed did an excellent job showing off Linux gaming in the
exhibits room!

The further context was that I think Wayde would like to see some games
demo'd at BLUG sometime.  I agreed, but also suggested that some info on
making sound and video and joystick stuff work with Linux would be
helpful.  I think gaming is one area where we can win hearts and minds
quickly.

I am certain that his comment was directed only at what he felt was
missing in his own presentation.

Perhaps I am speaking out of turn, but I think you guys did a great job
showing off Linux games and Michael was only addressing something that he
wanted to accomplish but didn't.

-Glenn Ashton