[lug] How do I upgrade to 6.1?

Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh cool at eklektix.com
Wed Dec 29 13:03:02 MST 1999

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 01:54:59PM -0600, Mark Aardsma wrote:
> How do I go about upgrading from RedHat 6.0 to 6.1? I looked on RedHat's
> web site and I did not find anything obvious about it like I expected. Is
> there a set of rpm's that I download and install? If so where can I get them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Aardsma

The upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1 is *huge*.  I wouldn't recommend trying
to just download the files and run.  Neither would I recommend
purchasing a Red Hat 6.1 CD ... instead, go to tummy.com (Sean and
Evelyn's site) and arrange to get a copy of KRUD 6.1, which will
contain Red Hat 6.1 and all the updates to 6.1 that have gone out
so far, plus a couple of other goodies, like the ssh cryptography
software.  Highly recommended ...

Liz