[lug] eth0 and 6.1

Jef Vratny jef at boulder.com
Thu Jan 6 11:45:41 MST 2000

Hi folks,

Got a bit of newbie question. I've been running Linuxppc for a while now so
I understand most of the basic Linux stuff, but now I'm at a new job where
I've got to set-up on a PC. So I'm in the process of installing RH 6.1 on an
older Compaq Prolinea 5150. I got everything installed (I'm pretty sure) and
running okay, but can't seem to bring up the eth0 connection. Never had any
problems getting it to work in the past even on older macs so I'm kind of at
a loss. Is there anything I should be checking before I rip out the old
ethernet card and put in a new one?

jef vratny

P.S. Glenn, how's the new job?