[lug] Newbie Question.....

John Starkey jstarkey at polaris.umuc.edu
Mon Jan 10 14:28:02 MST 2000

If this isn't the place to post this please let me know. And my
apologies for the inconvenience. Linux-newbie is down and I thought I'd
try my local LUG.

I'm having a problem with my route to the net. I had everything working
fine but lost everything and can't remember how I had the routing table
set. I rebooted to check that pppd would redial on a power outtage.

I need my Packard Bell and my iMac to run through my linux box to the
net. I'm running RH6.1

What would be the destination (I have a static IP but it seems that that

would be a dead end as the destination)? PPP sets up the default
destination.

And what interface do I use (eth0 (the in) or ppp0 (the out))?

I can ping my static IP from my iMac (so eth0 is working). But I can't
ping my ISP's router.

TiA

John