[lug] sending log files to another machine

William Jarosko Jr. winrip at fpcc.net
Mon Jan 10 17:12:59 MST 2000

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> are you using openssh? or regular ssh? I would reccomend openssh. It
> has no pesky liscencing on it, and the people that do it are really
> good about getting updates in fast.
>

> There are several patches out there for tripwire to make it happy with
> the new glibc. A quick web search should turn them up. ;)
>

> well, rsync uses rsh by default, but you can easily have it use ssh
> instead. Then it's just fine. ;)

Kevin, Thanks for the tips. I have downloaded openssh 1.2.1pre24 when I
was there it happened to be the latest version, I also have ssh 2.0.13.
OpenSSH was what I had been leaning towards. However I'm kind of lost
with openssh since I downloaded everything that had a 1.2.1pre24  in the
name just to be sure I had it all. So a few days may pass but it should
be on it's way. My biggest problem is creating a new hole since I don't
understand it indepth yet. The last thing I want to do is make a new hole
I have to fill later.

Bill.