[lug] Newline display in vi or more

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Jan 18 12:26:29 MST 2000

I have noticed that vim seems to put a tag at the bottom of the screen
saying [dos mode] when the infernal ^M shows up, I typically tell it to
go to unix mode, which is something like `unset dos` or set mode=unix or
something similar.  I went looking for a config file to tell it not to
do dos mode, but I didn't find anything quickly and it wasn't that
urgent.

Hugh